The Physiological Basis of Metabolic Bone Disease by Howard Rasmussen; Philippe Bordier
By Howard Rasmussen; Philippe Bordier
Read or Download The Physiological Basis of Metabolic Bone Disease PDF
Best rheumatology books
Metabolic bone degeneration (osteoporosis) impacts hundreds of thousands of people--primarily postmenopausal women--and is at once answerable for debilitating hip, vertebral, and limb fractures within the aged. Incorporating advances made inside of simply the earlier 5 years, The Osteoporotic Syndrome: Detection, Prevention, and remedy serves as an up to date, functional advisor to the main scientific facets of osteoporosis.
This publication makes a speciality of medical presentation, diagnostic procedures and present administration of systematic vasculitis, and for this moment version the Editors have up to date the therapy strategy and nomenclature according to present perform. Systemic vasculitides are a bunch of issues that are of accelerating value.
Complete and generously illustrated, this article highlights either normal ideas and particular thoughts for coping with the spectrum of pediatric reduce limb deformities. it truly is divided thematically into 5 sections, notwithstanding any bankruptcy can stand by itself to lead the clinician in particular occasions.
- Atlas of Ultrasound-Guided Musculoskeletal Injections
- Artrite reumatoide e spondiloentesoartriti: Diagnostica per immagini ed imaging follow-up
- Atlas of Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Rheumatology: A Color Handbook
- Biochemistry of Inflammation
Extra resources for The Physiological Basis of Metabolic Bone Disease
52. Gershoff SN and Hegsted DM. 1956. Effect of vitamin D and Ca:P ratios on chick gastrointestinal tract. Am J Physiol 187: 203–206. 53. Sheikh MS et al. 1988. Role of vitamin D-dependent and vitamin D-independent mechanisms in absorption of food calcium. J Clin Invest 81: 126–132. 54. Need AG and Nordin BE. 2008. Misconceptions: vitamin D insufficiency causes malabsorption of calcium. Bone 42: 1021–1024. Kruse K. 1995. Pathophysiology of calcium metabolism in children with vitamin D deficiency rickets.
Identification and characterization of 1,25D(3)-membrane- associated rapid response, steroid (1,25D(3)-MARRS) binding protein. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 89–90: 281–285. 25. Heaney RP and Skillman TG. 1964. Secretion and excretion of calcium by the human gastrointestinal tract. J Lab Clin Med 64: 29–41. 26. Heaney RP. 2003. Quantifying human calcium absorption using pharmacokinetic methods. J Nutr 133: 1224–1226. 27. Heaney RP et al. 1975. Calcium absorption as a function of calcium intake. J Lab Clin Med 85: 881–890.
Calcium in Human Health. Humana Press: Totowa, NJ. 163–190. 2. Holick MF. 2003. Vitamin D: A millenium perspective. J Cell Biochem 88: 296–307. Ross AC et al. 2011. The 2011 report on dietary reference intakes for calcium and vitamin D from the Institute of Medicine: what clinicians need to know. J Clin Endocrinol Metabol 96: 53–58. 4. Sitrin M et al. 1978. Vitamin D deficiency and bone disease in gastrointestinal disorders. Arch Intern Med 138: 886–888. 5. Schachter D et al. 1964. Metabolism of vitamin D.