The Molecule-Metal Interface by Norbert Koch, Nobuo Ueno, Andrew Thye Shen Wee
By Norbert Koch, Nobuo Ueno, Andrew Thye Shen Wee
Reviewing contemporary development within the primary knowing of the molecule-metal interface, this helpful addition to the literature makes a speciality of experimental reviews and introduces the most recent analytical innovations as utilized to this interface.
the 1st half covers uncomplicated conception and preliminary precept reports, whereas the second one half introduces readers to photoemission, STM, and synchrotron suggestions to check the atomic constitution of the interfaces. The 3rd half provides photoelectron spectroscopy, high-resolution UV photoelectron spectroscopy and electron spin resonance to review the digital constitution of the molecule-metal interface. within the remaining bankruptcy the editors talk about destiny perspectives.
Written as a senior graduate or senior undergraduate textbook for college students in physics, chemistry, fabrics technological know-how or engineering, the book's interdisciplinary process makes it both suitable for researchers operating within the box of natural and molecular electronics.
Read or Download The Molecule-Metal Interface PDF
Best solid-state physics books
Concisely and obviously written through superior scientists, this booklet presents a self-contained creation to the fundamental techniques of fractals and demonstrates their use in more than a few themes. The authors’ unified description of other dynamic difficulties makes the publication super obtainable.
This ebook provides the fundamentals and characterization of defects at oxide surfaces. It offers a cutting-edge evaluate of the sector, containing info to many of the kinds of floor defects, describes analytical the way to learn defects, their chemical task and the catalytic reactivity of oxides.
This booklet provides generalized heat-conduction legislation which, from a mesoscopic point of view, are appropriate to new purposes (especially in nanoscale warmth move, nanoscale thermoelectric phenomena, and in diffusive-to-ballistic regime) and whilst stay alongside of the speed of present microscopic study.
Magnetic random-access reminiscence (MRAM) is poised to switch conventional computing device reminiscence in keeping with complementary metal-oxide semiconductors (CMOS). MRAM will surpass all different kinds of reminiscence units by way of nonvolatility, low power dissipation, speedy switching pace, radiation hardness, and sturdiness.
- Cryocoolers: Part 2: Applications
- Green's Functions and Condensed Matter
- Introduction to high-pressure science and technology
- Current-Induced Nonequilibrium Phenomena in Quasi-One-Dimensional Superconductors
- Safety with Cryogenic Fluids
- Topologically stable defects and solitons in ordered media
Extra info for The Molecule-Metal Interface
0 eV. 3). 4 eV ! 2 eV. 16; this small value of S, compared with the one found for C60 /Au(111), is due to the strong interaction TCNQ has with Au. 1 eV from the LUMO level. We conclude mentioning that even for the strong TCNQ/Au interaction appearing in this interface, the unified IDIS model seems to provide an accurate description of the interface level alignment. 17 Plot showing a single TCNQ molecule on Au(111). 18 DOS projected onto the molecular orbitals for a single TCNQ molecule on Au(111).
Salaneck, K. Seki, A. J. Pireaux), Marcel Dekker, New York, pp. C. (2003) J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A, 21, 521. 10 Fenter, P. et al. (1997) Phys. Rev. B, 56, 3046. , and Kahn, A. (2000) Appl. Surf. , 166, 354. , and Gao, W. (2003) J. Polym. Sci. Part B: Polym. , 71, 2529. 13 Vazquez, H. et al. (2004) Europhys. Lett,, 65, 802. , Flores, F. and Kahn, A. , 8, 241. 15 Vazquez, H. et al. (2007) J. Chem. , 126, 144703. 16 Vazquez, H. D. thesis, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain. 17 R. Duschek et al. (2000) Chem.
27) shows how the total interface potential eV IDIS-P interpolates between two limits: when S D 1, there is no interface screening, and V IDIS-P D V0P . 33 34 2 Basic Theory of the Molecule–Metal Interface All the rearrangement of charge at the interface comes from the pillow effect and this controls the Fermi level position in the organic energy gap. When S D 0, on the other hand, eV IDIS-P D CNL EFi , and the pillow effect does not play any role since it is fully screened by the interface. Notice how, in this unified formalism, the pillow effect is firstly considered and then the IDIS acts on the remaining energy difference, (CNL EFi eV0P ).