Systemic lupus erythematosus : basic, applied and clinical by George Tsokos
By George Tsokos
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus combines simple technology with medical technology to supply a translational remedy of the illness and is an invaluable reference for experts within the prognosis and administration of sufferers with SLE, a device for size of medical job for pharmaceutical improvement and uncomplicated examine of the ailment and a reference paintings for health center libraries.
- Provides the very most up-to-date evaluate of the pathogenesis of SLE
- Distills present realizing of the mobile, molecular, genetic and environmental elements that instigate and force the disease
- Includes finished insurance of medical positive factors, together with fatigue, organ process manifestations, overlap syndromes, infections, and more
- Conveys the very most recent figuring out of mechanisms of tissue harm, together with immune complexes, antibodies, and different mechanisms that bring about organ damage
- Discusses the most recent treatment plans on ailment enhancing or disorder controlling agents
- Provides 'one cease' insurance of all of the most up-to-date clinical and medical advancements in SLE
Read Online or Download Systemic lupus erythematosus : basic, applied and clinical aspects PDF
Best rheumatology books
Metabolic bone degeneration (osteoporosis) impacts thousands of people--primarily postmenopausal women--and is without delay liable for debilitating hip, vertebral, and limb fractures within the aged. Incorporating advances made inside of simply the previous 5 years, The Osteoporotic Syndrome: Detection, Prevention, and therapy serves as an up to date, useful advisor to the main scientific facets of osteoporosis.
This e-book specializes in scientific presentation, diagnostic techniques and present administration of systematic vasculitis, and for this moment variation the Editors have up-to-date the therapy method and nomenclature based on present perform. Systemic vasculitides are a bunch of problems that are of accelerating significance.
Accomplished and generously illustrated, this article highlights either basic ideas and particular innovations for handling the spectrum of pediatric decrease limb deformities. it's divided thematically into 5 sections, notwithstanding any bankruptcy can stand by itself to steer the clinician in particular occasions.
- The 2002 Official Patient's Sourcebook on Lupus: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Biomechanics of the Knee: With Application to the Pathogenesis and the Surgical Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- McAlpine's Multiple Sclerosis 4th Edition
- Neck Pain - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for Systemic lupus erythematosus : basic, applied and clinical aspects
BILAG 2004. Development and initial validation of an updated version of the British Isles Lupus Assessment Group’s disease activity index for patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2005;44:902–6. Yee CS, Farewell V, Isenberg DA, Rahman A, Teh LS, Griffiths B, et al. British Isles Lupus Assessment Group 2004 index is valid for assessment of disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 2007;56:4113–9. Yee CS, Farewell V, Isenberg DA, Griffiths B, Teh LS, Bruce IN, et al.
C2 deficient systemic lupus erythematosus: its association with anti-Ro (SSA) antibodies. Arch Dermatol 1982;118(8):584–7. Swaak AJ, van de Brink H, Smeenk RJ, Manger K, Kalden JR, Tosi S, et al. Incomplete lupus erythematosus: results of a multicentre study under the supervision of the EULAR Standing Committee on International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutic Trials (ESCISIT). Rheumatol Oxf Engl 2001;40(1):89–94. Al Daabil M, Massarotti EM, Fine A, Tsao H, Ho P, Schur PH, et al. Development of SLE among “potential SLE” patients seen in consultation: long-term follow-up.
VII [correction of VIII]. Predictors of early mortality in the LUMINA cohort. LUMINA Study Group. Arthritis Rheum 2001;45(2):191–202. Manzi S, Meilahn EN, Rairie JE, Conte CG, Medsger Jr TA, Jansen-McWilliams L, et al. Age-specific incidence rates of myocardial infarction and angina in women with systemic lupus erythematosus: comparison with the Framingham Study. Am J Epidemiol 1997;145(5):408–15. Esdaile JM, Abrahamowicz M, Grodzicky T, Li Y, Panaritis C, du Berger R, et al. Traditional Framingham risk factors fail to fully account for accelerated atherosclerosis in systemic lupus erythematosus.