Pulmonary Manifestations of Rheumatic Disease, An Issue of by Kristin B. Highland MD MSCR
By Kristin B. Highland MD MSCR
This factor brilliantly pairs a rheumatologist with a pulmonologist to discover all of the 14 article topics. subject matters comprise autoantibody checking out, ultility of bronchoalveolar lavage in autoimmune affliction, and pulmonary manifestations of such stipulations as scleroderma, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's Syndrome, Inflammatory Myopathies, and Relapsing Polychondritis. The pulmonary vasculitities are mentioned, as is antiphospholipid antibody syndrome, ankylosing spondylitis, and the effect of osteoporosis on pulmonary fuction. Toxicity and tracking of immunosuppressive treatment utilized in systemic autoimmune ailments is reviewed, as is lung transplantation in autoimmune ailments.
Read or Download Pulmonary Manifestations of Rheumatic Disease, An Issue of Clinics in Chest Medicine (The Clinics: Internal Medicine) PDF
Best pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
This new ebook presents an available evaluate of the sphere of lung biology and sickness aimed toward the graduate or scientific scholar and biomedical researcher. The e-book begins by way of contemplating the anatomy and ultrastructure of the lung and the tracheal and bronchial process, the keep watch over of breathing in addition to the basics of pulmonary body structure, fuel alternate and stream.
Meant for busy practitioners, Pulmonary Pathology is a pithy, pocket-sized advisor to the entire key pulmonology entities and diagnoses that pulmonologists see in day-by-day perform. It addresses non-neoplastic stipulations together with Infections, Granulomatous illnesses, Acute Lung damage, Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias, Vasculitis, Histiocytoses, Lung Pathology in Systemic ailments, Transplant-Related Lung Pathology, and Miscellaneous Non-Neoplastic stipulations.
With a wide quantity of ultrasound pictures and educating movies, Pleural Ultrasound for Clinicians: A textual content and booklet is a print and interactive electronic source that gives useful suggestions for all these project pleural ultrasound investigations and systems. With transparent, special directions for medical perform, it is going to aid clinicians: recognize basic anatomy in addition to universal pleural pathologies excellent ideas for ultrasound-guided pleural methods opt for the right kind ultrasound apparatus for his or her division try their wisdom throughout the self-assessment and revision sections
Acute breathing misery Syndrome (ARDS) is still an enormous explanation for morbidity and mortality all over the world, and the prevalence is anticipated to extend with the getting older inhabitants a number of scientific problems can begin ARDS, together with pneumonia, sepsis, gastric aspiration and trauma yet regardless of extreme learn over the last forty years, we nonetheless have an incomplete figuring out of the pathophysiology of the disorder and remedy continues to be mostly supportive.
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia: Strategies for Management
- Cardiopulmonary Anatomy & Physiology: Essentials for Respiratory Care
- Case Profiles in Respiratory Care
- Toxicology of the Nose and Upper Airways (Target Organ Toxicology Series)
Extra info for Pulmonary Manifestations of Rheumatic Disease, An Issue of Clinics in Chest Medicine (The Clinics: Internal Medicine)
5 Clinical features suggesting the diagnosis of CF. These modes of clinical presentation are not mutually exclusive, and therefore the total is greater than 100%. Data from . 6 Lung function (percent predicted) in the UK CF clinical population. Number of patients with data ϭ 4422. Data from . 4 Severity of lung function defect (FEV1) by age. Severity of FEV1 defect Normal (Ͼ90% predicted) Mild (70–89% predicted) Moderate (40–69% predicted) Severe (Ͻ40% predicted) Children n % Adults n % 780 749 443 66 317 613 914 552 13 26 38 23 38 37 22 3 Data from UK Cystic Fibrosis Database Annual Data Report 2003 .
181. 182. 183. 184. 185. 186. 187. 188. 189. 190. 191. 192. 17 a regional cystic fibrosis center. Pediatr Pulmonol 2004; 37:104–110. Gibson RL, Emerson J, McNamara S et al. Significant microbiological effect of inhaled tobramycin in young children with cystic fibrosis. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 2003; 167:841–849. Rabin HR, Harley FL, Bryan LE, Elfring GL. Evaluation of high dose tobramycin and ticarcillin treatment protocol in cystic fibrosis based on improved susceptibility criteria and antibiotic pharmacokinetics.
217. Wainwright BJ, Scambler PJ, Schmodtke J et al. Localization of cystic fibrosis locus to human chromosome 7cen-q22. Nature 1985; 318:384–385. 218. McKone EF, Emerson SS, Edwards KL, Aitken ML. Effect of genotype on phenotype and mortality in cystic fibrosis: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet 2001; 361:1671–1676. 219. Kristidis P, Bozon D, Corey M et al. Genetic determination of exocrine pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis. Am J Hum Genet 1992; 50:1178–1184. 220. Mickle JE, Cutting GR.