Principles of Pulmonary Medicine. Expert Consult - Online by Steven E. Weinberger MD MACP FRCP, Barbara A. Cockrill MD,
By Steven E. Weinberger MD MACP FRCP, Barbara A. Cockrill MD, Jess Mandel MD FACP
Principles of Pulmonary Medicine is helping you master the principles of pulmonary drugs with no being crushed! This concise, easy-to-read scientific reference book correlates simple technology rules with the radiologic, pathologic, and medical elements of breathing ailment to supply an integrated, available approach to the research of pulmonary medicine.
- Focus at the scientific elements and treatment of particular pulmonary and breathing illnesses, and understand the anatomy, body structure, and pathophysiology correct to significant pulmonary disorders.
- Apply the fabric to real-life practice with case-based pulmonology questions covering themes together with pulmonary functionality exams, physiologic facts, and result of arterial blood gasoline testing.
- Learn the newest diagnostic and healing strategies with up-to-date assurance of diagnostic modalities utilized in pulmonary illness, in addition to administration of bronchial asthma, lung melanoma, respiration failure, pulmonary high blood pressure, and different pulmonary diseases.
- Visually take hold of tricky concepts with top of the range photographs of the lung that supplement discussions of particular diseases.
- Efficiently assessment severe details in pulmonary medicine by means of skimming margin notes in the course of the text.
- Practice your knowledge with 2 hundred case-based, self-assessment questions and practice pulmonology ideas to real-life perform.
- Access the whole contents on-line at specialist Consult, together with NEW exact writer audio bankruptcy lectures, movies, questions, extra audio recordings of lung sounds, supplemental photos, and more.
Your buy entitles you to entry the website till the subsequent variation is released, or till the present version isn't any longer provided on the market through Elsevier, whichever happens first. If the following version is released lower than 12 months after your buy, you'll be entitled to on-line entry for three hundred and sixty five days out of your date of buy. Elsevier reserves the perfect to provide an appropriate substitute product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based digital model) may still entry to the website be discontinued.
Read or Download Principles of Pulmonary Medicine. Expert Consult - Online and Print PDF
Similar pulmonary & thoracic medicine books
This new booklet offers an available evaluation of the sphere of lung biology and ailment aimed toward the graduate or scientific pupil and biomedical researcher. The e-book begins by way of contemplating the anatomy and ultrastructure of the lung and the tracheal and bronchial method, the keep an eye on of breathing in addition to the basics of pulmonary body structure, fuel trade and stream.
Meant for busy practitioners, Pulmonary Pathology is a pithy, pocket-sized advisor to all the key pulmonology entities and diagnoses that pulmonologists see in day-by-day perform. It addresses non-neoplastic stipulations together with Infections, Granulomatous illnesses, Acute Lung damage, Idiopathic Interstitial Pneumonias, Vasculitis, Histiocytoses, Lung Pathology in Systemic ailments, Transplant-Related Lung Pathology, and Miscellaneous Non-Neoplastic stipulations.
With a wide quantity of ultrasound pictures and instructing video clips, Pleural Ultrasound for Clinicians: A textual content and publication is a print and interactive electronic source that offers sensible tips for all these venture pleural ultrasound investigations and systems. With transparent, targeted directions for scientific perform, it is going to support clinicians: know basic anatomy in addition to universal pleural pathologies ideal options for ultrasound-guided pleural approaches the best way to pick out the right kind ultrasound gear for his or her division attempt their wisdom during the self-assessment and revision sections
Acute respiration misery Syndrome (ARDS) is still a tremendous reason behind morbidity and mortality around the globe, and the prevalence is expected to extend with the getting older inhabitants numerous medical problems can begin ARDS, together with pneumonia, sepsis, gastric aspiration and trauma yet regardless of excessive learn over the last forty years, we nonetheless have an incomplete figuring out of the pathophysiology of the illness and remedy is still principally supportive.
- Molecular Targeted Therapy of Lung Cancer
- ECMO-Extracorporeal Life Support in Adults
- Pharmacotherapy of Pulmonary Hypertension
- Hyperpolarized and Inert Gas MRI. From Technology to Application in Research and Medicine
- Asthma: A Clinician's Guide
Additional info for Principles of Pulmonary Medicine. Expert Consult - Online and Print
When the chest film shows a diffuse or widespread pattern of increased density within the lung parenchyma, it often is useful to characterize the process further, depending on the pattern of the radiographic findings. The two primary patterns are interstitial and alveolar. , interstitial, affecting the alveolar walls and the interstitial tissue; alveolar, involving filling of the alveolar spaces), such radiographic-pathologic correlations are often lacking. Nevertheless, many diffuse lung diseases are characterized by one of these radiographic patterns, and the particular pattern may provide clues about the underlying type or cause of disease.
Brushes are frequently passed into diseased areas of the lung parenchyma, and the material collected by the bristles is subjected to cytologic and microbiologic analysis. A needle at the end of a long catheter passed through the bronchoscope can puncture an airway wall and sample cells from lymph nodes or lesions adjacent to the Figure 3-13. Flexible bronchoscope. Long arrows point to flexible part passed into patient’s airways. Short arrow points to portion of bronchoscope connected to light source.
LLL = Left lower lobe; LUL = left upper lobe; RLL = right lower lobe; RML = right middle lobe; RUL = right upper lobe. Evaluation of the Patient with Pulmonary Disease n 37 A B Figure 3-4. Posteroanterior (A) and lateral (B) chest radiographs of patient with left upper lobe consolidation due to pneumonia. Anatomic boundary is best appreciated on lateral view, where it is easily seen that normally positioned major fissure defines lower border of consolidation (compare with Figure 3-3). Part of left upper lobe is spared.