L2-Gain and Passivity Techniques in Nonlinear Control by Arjan van der Schaft
By Arjan van der Schaft
This normal textual content supplies a unified therapy of passivity and L2-gain thought for nonlinear country house platforms, preceded by means of a compact remedy of classical passivity and small-gain theorems for nonlinear input-output maps. The synthesis among passivity and L2-gain thought is equipped by means of the idea of dissipative platforms. particularly, the small-gain and passivity theorems and their implications for nonlinear balance and stabilization are mentioned from this viewpoint. the relationship among L2-gain and passivity through scattering is detailed.
Feedback equivalence to a passive method and ensuing stabilization options are mentioned. The passivity strategies are enriched by means of a generalised Hamiltonian formalism, emphasising the shut family members with actual modeling and regulate through interconnection, and resulting in novel regulate methodologies going past passivity.
The strength of L2-gain options in nonlinear regulate, together with a concept of all-pass factorizations of nonlinear platforms, and of parametrization of stabilizing controllers, is validated. The nonlinear H-infinity optimum regulate challenge is usually taken care of and the e-book concludes with a geometrical research of the answer units of Hamilton-Jacobi inequalities and their relation with Riccati inequalities for the linearization.
· L2-Gain and Passivity recommendations in Nonlinear regulate (third variation) is punctiliously up-to-date, revised, reorganized and increased. one of the alterations, readers will find:
· up-to-date and prolonged assurance of dissipative platforms theory
· big new fabric concerning speak passivity theorems and incremental/shifted passivity · insurance of contemporary advancements on networks of passive platforms with examples
· a very overhauled and succinct creation to modeling and keep watch over of port-Hamiltonian structures, via an exposition of port-Hamiltonian formula of actual community dynamics
· up to date remedy of all-pass factorization of nonlinear systems
The ebook presents graduate scholars and researchers in structures and keep an eye on with a compact presentation of a basic and speedily constructing quarter of nonlinear keep an eye on thought, illustrated through a wide diversity of suitable examples stemming from assorted software areas.
Read Online or Download L2-Gain and Passivity Techniques in Nonlinear Control PDF
Best system theory books
This publication is an often-requested reprint of 2 vintage texts via H. Haken: "Synergetics. An creation" and "Advanced Synergetics". Synergetics, an interdisciplinary study software initiated through H. Haken in 1969, offers with the systematic and methodological method of the quickly turning out to be box of complexity.
Powerful layout brings jointly sixteen chapters by means of an eminent team of authors in a variety of fields offering facets of robustness in organic, ecological, and computational platforms. The volme is the 1st to deal with robustness in organic, ecological, and computational platforms. it's an outgrowth of a brand new study software on robustness on the Sante Fe Institute based through the David and Lucile Packard origin.
The becoming influence of nonlinear technological know-how on biology and medication is essentially altering our view of dwelling organisms and illness approaches. This publication introduces the appliance to biomedicine of a wide diversity of techniques from nonlinear dynamics, reminiscent of self-organization, complexity, coherence, stochastic resonance, fractals, and chaos.
This thesis analyzes and explores the layout of managed networked dynamic structures - dubbed semi-autonomous networks. The paintings techniques the matter of potent keep watch over of semi-autonomous networks from 3 fronts: protocols that are run on person brokers within the community; the community interconnection topology layout; and effective modeling of those frequently large-scale networks.
- System Identification: A Frequency Domain Approach
- Stochastic differential equations and applications
- Principles of Engineering Design
- Distributed Systems with Persistent Memory: Control and Moment Problems
- Chaos in Electronics
Extra info for L2-Gain and Passivity Techniques in Nonlinear Control
34) Im 0 It immediately follows that , has singular values +1 (with multiplicity m) and −1 (also with multiplicity m), and thus defines an indefinite inner product on the space U × Y of inputs and outputs. Scattering is based on decomposing the combined vector (u, y) ∈ U × Y with respect to the positive and negative singular values of this indefinite inner product. More precisely, we obtain the following definition. 1 Any pair (V, Z ) of subspaces V, Z ⊂ U × Y is called a pair of scattering subspaces if (i) V ⊕ Z = U × Y (ii) v1 , v2 > 0, for all v1 , v2 ∈ V unequal to 0, z 1 , z 2 < 0, for all z 1 , z 2 ∈ Z unequal to 0 (iii) v, z = 0, for all v ∈ V, z ∈ Z .
Em of U (where m = dim U ), and the has the corresponding dual basis e1∗ , . . 34) Im 0 It immediately follows that , has singular values +1 (with multiplicity m) and −1 (also with multiplicity m), and thus defines an indefinite inner product on the space U × Y of inputs and outputs. Scattering is based on decomposing the combined vector (u, y) ∈ U × Y with respect to the positive and negative singular values of this indefinite inner product. More precisely, we obtain the following definition.
We will only indicate two basic ideas. The first possibility is to insert multipliers in Fig. 1 by pre- and post-multiplying G 1 and G 2 by L q -stable input–output mappings M and N and their inverses M −1 and N −1 , which are also assumed to be L q -stable input–output mappings, see Fig. 2. By L q -stability of M, M −1 , N and N −1 it follows that e1 ∈ L q (E 1 ), e2 ∈ L q (E 2 ) if and only if M(e1 ) ∈ L q (E 1 ), M(e2 ) ∈ L q (E 2 ). Thus stability of G 1 f G 2 is equivalent to stability of G 1 f G 2 , with G 1 = N G 1 M −1 , G 2 = M G 2 N −1 .