Handbook of Research in Trans-Atlantic Antitrust (Elgar by Philip Marsden
By Philip Marsden
This entire examine instruction manual brings jointly state of the art felony and fiscal research into antitrust concerns via prime specialists from Europe, the united states, Canada, Mexico and South the United States. The guide of analysis in Trans-Atlantic Antitrust covers a wide-range of parts together with: * the which means of buyer welfare * mergers in monopsony markets * unilateral results * deepest and felony enforcement * enforcing festival coverage in regulated sectors * abuse of highbrow estate rights * pageant treatments * foreign enforcement cooperation * complainants' rights * dominant enterprise pricing * tying and bundling. The instruction manual additionally contains discursive attention of the similarities and ameliorations one of the numerous regimes on both sides of the Atlantic, in addition to a glance to destiny tendencies and purposes in local and international contexts. providing a comparative view of urgent antitrust matters, this guide should be of significant curiosity to lecturers, legal professionals, practitioners and officers.
Read Online or Download Handbook of Research in Trans-Atlantic Antitrust (Elgar Original Reference) PDF
Best comparative books
The part on enterprise legislation of the overseas Bar organization is drastically indebted to the Editor, J. Michael Robinson and to John Gauntlett, the Chairman of the Committee on matters and buying and selling in Securities, and his Vice Chairmen, Blaise Pasztory, Robert Briner and the contributors of the Committee who've contributed, for his or her joint efforts in getting ready this ftrst e-book in their committee.
Wisdom for the necessity to deepen the methodological foundations of felony examine is barely fresh. an identical is right for comparative legislation, by way of nature a extra adventurous department of felony learn, that's usually anything researchers easily do, each time they give the impression of being at overseas criminal platforms to reply to a number of of a number questions on legislations, no matter if those questions are doctrinal, financial, sociological, and so on.
This instruction manual of statistical facts at the economies of jap Europe, together with Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union covers such issues as distribution and creation, overseas exchange and indebtedness, household finance, power families and criteria of residing.
- Analyses in the Economics of Aging (National Bureau of Economic Research Conference Report)
- The Legal Environment and Risks for Foreign Investment in China
- Innovation Policy and the Limits of Laissez-faire: Hong Kong’s Policy in Comparative Perspective
- Comparative Legislative Reforms and Innovations
Extra resources for Handbook of Research in Trans-Atlantic Antitrust (Elgar Original Reference)
9. 10. Cliﬀord Chance LLP, Brussels. , also referred to in this text. The authors are grateful to their colleagues Frances Dethmers, Anna Morfey and Alexis Gerratt for their insightful comments on an earlier draft of this chapter. Council of Ministers of the European Union (2004), Council Regulation (EC) No 139/2004 of 20 January 2004 on the control of concentrations between undertakings  OJ L 24/1. Council of Ministers of the European Union (1989), Council Regulation (EEC) No 4064/89 of 21 December 1989 on the control of concentrations between undertakings  OJ L 395/1 as amended by Council Regulation (EC) No 1310/97 of 30 June 1997  OJ L 180/1.
Commission press release regarding the initiation of Phase II, IP/03/1556, 17 November 2003; Commission press release regarding its decision to clear the transaction, IP/04/1312; Loughran, M. and J. Gatti (Spring 2005), ‘Merger control: main developments between 1 September and 31 December 2004’, Competition Policy Newsletter, 73 at page 75. 2d 1098 (ND. Cal. 3216, Oracle/PeopleSoft, SG-Greﬀe (2004) D/200967, not published, paragraphs 224–64. It is, however, unclear whether the authorities argued in favour of the same substantive standard to assess closeness of substitution.
The European Commission and the DOJ used diﬀerent acronyms to refer to the same type of software. The European Commission referred to ‘HR’ and ‘FMS’ software whereas the DOJ referred to ‘HRM’ and ‘FMS’ software. See Decision, paragraph 116. European merger review of Oracle/PeopleSoft 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 2d 1098 (ND. Cal. 2004) at 1123–4. 2d 1098 (ND. Cal. 2004) at 1158. Ibid. The Commission’s proxies for the high-function market were initially designed on the basis of the hypothesis adopted early in Phase I of its procedure that the relevant market was ‘the market for core HR and FMS software for large enterprises’.