Comorbidities in Headache Disorders by Maria Adele Giamberardino, Paolo Martelletti
By Maria Adele Giamberardino, Paolo Martelletti
This publication offers updated details on all features of the comorbidities which are linked to the headache problems typically noticeable within the basic care and clinic settings, together with migraine, tension-type headache, and cluster headache. The assurance is large ranging and encompasses the entire well-established comorbidities: aerobic- and cerebrovascular sickness, psychiatric stipulations, epilepsy, sleep issues, and diverse discomfort issues, reminiscent of visceral soreness, fibromyalgia, orofacial discomfort, and neuropathic soreness. person chapters also are dedicated to weight problems and different metabolic comorbidities and to the comorbidities linked in particular with pediatric complications. the data supplied will help readers in figuring out the advanced relationships among headache issues and those numerous stipulations and in providing powerful care that displays the newest wisdom. The publication is designed to satisfy the day-by-day perform wishes of common physicians, basic neurologists, scientific psychologists, neurologists in education, and clinical scholars. it truly is released as a part of the sequence Headache, that is counseled via the ecu Headache Federation – EHF.
Read or Download Comorbidities in Headache Disorders PDF
Similar rheumatology books
Metabolic bone degeneration (osteoporosis) impacts thousands of people--primarily postmenopausal women--and is without delay accountable for debilitating hip, vertebral, and limb fractures within the aged. Incorporating advances made inside of simply the earlier 5 years, The Osteoporotic Syndrome: Detection, Prevention, and therapy serves as an updated, sensible advisor to the most important scientific features of osteoporosis.
This publication makes a speciality of medical presentation, diagnostic methods and present administration of systematic vasculitis, and for this moment variation the Editors have up-to-date the remedy procedure and nomenclature based on present perform. Systemic vasculitides are a bunch of issues that are of accelerating value.
Complete and generously illustrated, this article highlights either basic ideas and particular suggestions for dealing with the spectrum of pediatric decrease limb deformities. it truly is divided thematically into 5 sections, notwithstanding any bankruptcy can stand by itself to steer the clinician in particular occasions.
- Osteoporosis: A Guide for Clinicians
- Skeletal Radiology: The Bare Bones
- Acupuncture, Trigger Points and Musculoskeletal Pain, 3rd Edition
- Peripheral nerve and muscle disease
- Surgical Treatment of Hip Arthritis: Reconstruction, Replacement, and Revision: Expert Consult - Online and Print with DVD
- The Autoimmune Diseases, Fourth Edition
Additional resources for Comorbidities in Headache Disorders
Vahedi K, Chabriat H, Levy C, Joutel A, Tournier-Lasserve E, Bousser MG. Migraine with aura and brain magnetic resonance imaging abnormalities in patients with CADASIL. Arch Neurol. 2004;61:1237–40. 104. Velentgas P, Cole JA, Mo J, Sikes CR, Walker AM. Severe vascular events in migraine patients. Headache. 2004;44:642–51. 105. Wabnitz A, Bushnell C. Migraine, cardiovascular disease, and stroke during pregnancy: systematic review of the literature. Cephalalgia. 2015;35:132–9. 106. Wammes-van der Heijden EA, Rahimtoola H, Leufkens HG, Tijssen CC, Egberts AC.
5. Baskin SM, Smitherman TA. Migraine and psychiatric disorders: comorbidities, mechanisms, and clinical applications. Neurol Sci. 2009;30 Suppl 1:S61–5. 6. Blumenfeld A, Varon S, Wilcox TK, et al. Disability, HRQoL and resource use among chronic and episodic migraineurs: results from the international burden of migraine study (IBMS). Cephalalgia. 2011;31:301–15. 7. Borsook D, Maleki N, Becerra L, et al. Understanding migraine through the lens of maladaptive stress responses: a model disease of allostatic load.
70. Pietrobon D, Moskowitz MA. Pathophysiology of migraine. Annu Rev Physiol. 2013;75:365–91. 71. Ripa P, Ornello R, Pistoia F, Carolei A, Sacco S. The renin-angiotensin system: a possible contributor to migraine pathogenesis and prophylaxis. Expert Rev Neurother. 2014;14: 1043–55. 72. Ripa P, Ornello R, Pistoia F, Carolei A, Sacco S. Spreading depolarization may link migraine, stroke, and other cardiovascular disease. Headache. 2015;55:180–2. 73. Rist PM, Buring JE, Kase CS, Schürks M, Kurth T.