Basketball's Top 10 Slam Dunkers by Ken Rappoport
By Ken Rappoport
Who throws down the easiest dunks? What are crucial characteristics of the easiest slam dunkers? measurement? energy? Agility? From stars of the earlier like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to the best avid gamers at the present time like LeBron James, Ken Rappoport lists the 10 top basketball avid gamers to have ever rattled a rim. different avid gamers integrated during this name are Vince Carter, Darryl Dawkins, Julius Erving, Michael Jordan, Shaquille O'Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, invoice Russell, and Dominique Wilkins.
Read or Download Basketball's Top 10 Slam Dunkers PDF
Best biographies books
In 1531, Pizarro led a small yet good proficient military alongside the Pacific Coast of the unexplored South the United States. With under two hundred males, he conquered the Inca empire, often called modern-day Peru. a while 8+years.
- word list of phrases- enjoyable proof and Timelines integrated- Reviewed through content material experts
"Learn who Nelson Mandela was once and the way he made a distinction within the lives of the folk of South Africa and all over the world. "--Publisher's web site.
- Earl Warren: Justice for All (Oxford Portraits)
- Calamity Jane. Courageous Wild West Woman
- A Dictionary of Ecology (Oxford Paperback Reference)
- The Black Pope
- Mythmaker: The Story of J.K. Rowling (Who Wrote That?)
Additional resources for Basketball's Top 10 Slam Dunkers
2. Roy Johnson, “If You’ve Got It, Flaunt It,” New York Times, February 9, 1986, p. S1. FURTHER READING Basketball Top 10. New York: DK Publishing, 2004. Hareas, John. Basketball Top 10. New York: DK publishing, 2004 Kramer, Sydelle. Basketball’s Greatest Players. New York: Random House, 1997. com/ INDEX A Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem, 5, 7–9, 21 Alcindor, Lew. see Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem. American Basketball Association (ABA), 19, 20 B backboards, breaking, 15–17 basketball, history of, 4, 19, 20 Bird, Larry, 29, 43 Boston Celtics, 7–9, 29, 39–41, 44 “breakaway” rims, 17 Bryant, Kobe, 32 C Carter, Vince, 5, 11–13 Chamberlain, Wilt, 40 Chicago Bulls, 28 Cleveland Cavaliers, 25 D Dawkins, Darryl “Chocolate Thunder,” 5, 15–17 Detroit Pistons, 33 dunk shots, 8, 12 E Erving, Julius, “Dr.
1 James was a rarity: a player who jumped directly from high school to the NBA without playing a single second of college ball. He quickly became one of the NBA’s most exciting players, helping fill arenas wherever he played. His number 23 uniform, a tribute to Michael Jordan, became one of the hottest selling items in arena gift shops. Before he even played his first pro game, James had already made history with a $90 million sneaker deal with Nike. ” But he is more than that—much more. He is an extremely agile player who can fit into the lineup at just about any position: point guard, scoring guard, rebounding forward, and scoring forward.
HONORS: Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, 1975; five-time NBA Most Valuable Player, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1965; 12-time NBA All-Star; All-Star MVP, 1963; Olympic gold medalist, 1956. 10 DOMINIQUE WILKINS Dominique Wilkins prepared for the battle of his life. As he laced up his sneakers in the Atlanta Hawks’ locker room, his mind was on the Boston Celtics. Image Credit: Associated Press/Wide World Photos It was the final game of their 1988 NBA Eastern Conference semifinals. It had come down to Game 7 and the continuing scoring battle between Wilkins, the so-called “Human Highlight Film”, and the future Hall of Famer Larry Bird.