Anglo-American Corporate Taxation: Tracing the Common Roots by Steven A. Bank
By Steven A. Bank
The united kingdom and the us have traditionally represented contrary ends of the spectrum of their techniques to taxing company source of revenue. below the British procedure, company and shareholder source of revenue taxes were built-in less than an imputation process, with tax paid on the company point imputed to shareholders via an entire or partial credits opposed to dividends acquired. less than the yankee technique, against this, company and shareholder source of revenue taxes have remained separate less than what's referred to as a 'classical' method within which shareholders obtain very little aid from a moment layer of taxes on dividends. Steven A. financial institution explores the evolution of the company source of revenue tax structures in every one kingdom throughout the 19th and 20th centuries to appreciate the typical criminal, monetary, political and cultural forces that produced such divergent ways and explains why convergence might be most probably sooner or later as each one nation grapples with company taxation in an period of globalization.
Read or Download Anglo-American Corporate Taxation: Tracing the Common Roots of Divergent Approaches (Cambridge Tax Law Series) PDF
Best comparative books
The part on enterprise legislations of the foreign Bar organization is vastly indebted to the Editor, J. Michael Robinson and to John Gauntlett, the Chairman of the Committee on matters and buying and selling in Securities, and his Vice Chairmen, Blaise Pasztory, Robert Briner and the participants of the Committee who've contributed, for his or her joint efforts in getting ready this ftrst e-book in their committee.
Understanding for the necessity to deepen the methodological foundations of criminal learn is just contemporary. an identical is right for comparative legislations, through nature a extra adventurous department of felony study, that's frequently anything researchers easily do, each time they give the impression of being at international felony platforms to respond to a number of of quite a number questions about legislations, even if those questions are doctrinal, fiscal, sociological, and so on.
This guide of statistical facts at the economies of japanese Europe, together with Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union covers such subject matters as distribution and construction, international exchange and indebtedness, family finance, power families and criteria of dwelling.
- A Comparative Lexicon of Ugaritic and Canaanite (Alter Orient Und Altes Testament) P. 2
- Wealth, Welfare and the Global Free Market (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- The Upper Secondary School. A Comparative Survey
- Mistake, Fraud and Duties to Inform in European Contract Law (The Common Core of European Private Law)
- International Refugee Law and Socio-Economic Rights: Refuge from Deprivation
- National Reports on the Transfer of Movables in Europe: Germany, Greece, Lithuania, Hungary
Extra info for Anglo-American Corporate Taxation: Tracing the Common Roots of Divergent Approaches (Cambridge Tax Law Series)
1527 (statement of Rep. Sherman) (proposing to exempt mortgages from tax because of concerns about double taxation). , 1486 (statement of Rep. , 1545 (statement of Rep. , 2555 (statement of Sen. , 2573 (proposed integration scheme offered by Sen. Howe). Act of July 1, 1862, ch. 119, § 91, 12 Stat. at 473–4 (1862). 2 united states 33 shareholders with incomes below $600. ”94 Nevertheless, it produced some inequities. Individuals with incomes in excess of $10,000 would be taxed at 3 percent on dividends or interest from railroads and other such corporations, but at 5 percent on all other income.
469–70 (1862). Joseph A. Hill, “The Civil War Income Tax,” Quarterly Journal of Economics 8 (1894): 427. ” See Act of July 1, 1862, 12 Stat. 469–75 (1862). Cong. , 2d Sess. 1196 (1862). , 1534. , 1527 (statement of Rep. Sherman) (proposing to exempt mortgages from tax because of concerns about double taxation). , 1486 (statement of Rep. , 1545 (statement of Rep. , 2555 (statement of Sen. , 2573 (proposed integration scheme offered by Sen. Howe). Act of July 1, 1862, ch. 119, § 91, 12 Stat. at 473–4 (1862).
448. See “Voted to tax trusts” Washington Post, June 2, 1898, p. 4A. As ﬁrst proposed, the tax would have been levied on other industries as well, including transportation and public utility corporations. The Commercial and Financial Chronicle was indignant at the singling out of these industries, calling it “an odd proposal. It would seem difﬁcult to say on just what principle the selections for taxation named in the proposed amendment were made. ” “The ﬁnancial situation”, 1019. Cong. Rec. vol.