Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts by Susan Purney Mark
By Susan Purney Mark
Clothier Susan Purney Mark makes fabulous use of strip units and angled cuts in 9 attractive initiatives, beginning up interesting new layout possibilities.
* Insert daring accessory strips to accomplish a refreshingly diverse look
* Use blocks in a number of ways--in borders, cover facilities, repeat-block quilts, and more
* improve your layout with raw-edge applique
Read or Download Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts PDF
Best needlecrafts & textile crafts books
Mr. Funky gains 30 initiatives together with filled animals (amirgurumi) and wearable components corresponding to scarves, hats, crochet plant life, headbands, a water bottle provider, enjoyable young children stuff and extra. if you happen to love hi Kitty, bohemian 70's encouraged style, and jap kind you are going to love those supercute tasks.
The Piece O Cake women are again! This time theyve additional their specific zing to 13 Amish-inspired tasks. newcomers and complex quilters alike could be enchanted by way of the 5 huge quilts and 8 small initiatives, «fragments» that seize the spirit of the bigger quilts in a fragment of the time.
The intricacies of intermediate-level crochet talents are wear demonstrate with the lovable vacation- and season-themed clothes during this development e-book for 5-inch doll models. every one of 7 units is whole with a gown, pants, a hat, and sneakers, and all the designs are made utilizing size-10 crochet thread.
Assemble crochet knowledge for making toy animals of all sizes and shapes. The booklet incorporates a transparent, distinct crochet development for every animal, plus toy-making suggestions. alongside the best way, readers also will examine a few attention-grabbing and fabulous evidence approximately each one wild animal. The initiatives differ in point of complexity, and there's a simple to appreciate innovations part to aid lapsed and starting crocheters with uncomplicated crochet talents.
- The Water's Edge in Cross Stitch
- Lovely Landscape Quilts: Using Strings and Scraps to Piece and Applique Scenic Quilts
- Bruges Flower Lace
- Great American Quilts, Book Nine
- Big Book Of Crochet (Leisure Arts #3850)
Additional resources for Accent on Angles: Easy Strip-Set Quilts
4. Stitch the appliqué shape in place as close to the outside edges of the shape as possible. Backstitch to secure at the start and the end. tip Use a see-through embroidery foot to make this easier. Layering and quilting When your quilt top is finished, use your preferred method to layer it for quilting. Make sure the backing and batting are 8″ larger than the quilt top each way. For larger quilts, you may have to piece your batting. Lay the pieces next to each other so they are touching or even slightly overlapping, and whipstitch them together.
Press the hexagon appliqué well and spray with starch for extra stiffness. 2. Lay out the background fabric, smooth out any creases, and position the hexagon appliqué in place. Pin well. 3. To remove all the paper templates: Work your way around the shape, removing a pin at a time; remove the template, and then repin in place. 4. Stitch the appliqué shape in place as close to the outside edges of the shape as possible. Backstitch to secure at the start and the end. tip Use a see-through embroidery foot to make this easier.
Front cover 1. Baste the 1½″ × 1½″ squares of the coordinating hexagon fabrics to the paper templates, arrange them in a rosette shape, and sew them together (Figure 1). Figure 1 2. Remove the paper template from the middle hexagon. Center the rosette on the 3½″ × 3½″ white square. 3. Hand appliqué the rosette in place, removing the paper templates as you work your way around the rosette. 4. Sew the 2 bright pink 3½″ × 1″ strips to the top and the bottom of the white square. Press. Sew the 2 bright pink 1″× 4½″ strips to the sides (Figure 2).